Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Madeline Stuart || The Model Who's Changing the World

Hey, I'm ... Madeline, but you can call me Maddy.


Madeline Stuart is the latest in teenage girls who dream of modelling. It's not something that people write stories about, but Maddy is different. This bubbly redhead also has Down's syndrome, but if anything, this has only spurred the eighteen-year-old on more.

Just over a month ago, Maddy was a virtual unknown, but now, thanks to the wonder of social media she has nearly 400k on Facebook and an ever-growing Instagram presence too. Maddy Stuart is already making her mark on the world.

Since then, with products to promote, places to travel, companies to talk to, Maddy's life is going top speed. With the aim of changing the face of beauty, and smiling as much as possible, Maddy is as inspiring as they come. 

You'd notice me because ... I have been on the internet a lot lately as the first adult model with Down's syndrome in the world.

I love modelling because ... it is a way to express myself when words don't always come easy. Plus I get to embrace society and hopefully make people feel more comfortable around people with disabilities.

My favourite thing about fashion is ... I love the clothes, the camera and getting to smile a lot.

Maddy & her boyfriend, Robby
The best thing about being Madeline is ... just meeting so many amazing people and getting to see all the beautiful comments on social media.

I love ... my mum more than anything in the world; she is my best friend and hero.

My favourite food is ... grilled chicken wraps and sushi!

I hope that I can ... change the world's views on beauty and help everyone to feel beautiful in themselves and [to feel] included.

I'm so happy about ... all the positive feedback and being a positive influence.

I've always wanted to ... meet Ellen DeGeneres.

This year has been amazing because ... I have had so many new experiences. I am going to travel overseas to model and I have been on television with my friends and family a number of times.

I am inspired by ... my mum as she believes in love, inclusion and is very patient.

I want to inspire ... young women and men to love their inner beauty and to realise with time that inner beauty and compassion is all that lasts and is what people really see us for. I want to inspire business professionals to employ people with disabilities as they will bring something so deep and beautiful to the work environment. I want to inspire families to have faith when they feel lost as everything can have a silver lining if you believe and never give up. I want to inspire people not to bully anyone to see worth in everyone as equals.

When I'm not modelling I'm ... playing sport, a lot of sport, or going to the gym as I love being active, and hanging out with my friends.

My favourite music is ... Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Psi, One Direction, Pink, Meghan Trainor, and Jessie J.

I love Lady Gaga so much because ... I can sing and dance to her music.

I dance because ... it makes me happy and it's so much fun.

My favourite thing about travelling to America was ... the people, they were so warm and welcoming. I can't wait to go back in July this year.

I would love to model for ... Myer, Gucci, and Vanity Fair magazine.

Everyone should follow their dreams because ... our dreams are what truly matter, we only have one life and we should live it to the fullest.



Everyone likes Maddy!
Facebook || Instagram || Twitter

NB :: All photos taken by Lulebelle Photography and Michael Murchie.

13 comments:

  1. I really enjoy all you photos Ms. Stuart. you are changing the world. Keep up the amazing work never change! I will follow you to the end of time! OORAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are an inspiration to everyone. No matter the hand life has dealt you, go after your dreams, no matter how distant they may seem, they are truly within reach. I will definitely keep up with you, I love watching you blossom and grow. Go get 'em Maddy!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ya Maddy! Your message to the world is so inspiring, your strength shows in so many ways. You are a model for all ages. You have reached for the stars and have successfully grabbed one for you are shinning sweetie. Keep shinning Maddy, your message is one of the best I've seen in years. If you ever tour through Augusta Georgia, USA, I would love to meet you. We all love you Maddy, wishing you all the best with your career. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddy, you and your mum are truly trailblazers,opening the windows and driving a positive wind to blow away the unhelpful attitudes we've been conditioned by. There are many who look forward to installments of your journey. GO GIRL, ignite and enlighten the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you, Maddy! Change the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote a whole thing and it got erased lol basacilly your amazing and you make me smile everyday on facebook someday I hope you come to the Boston area and we can meet your mom is the bomb amazing and beautiful just like you from what I read in a word of sadness anger and tragedy we have your beautiful face and strengh God bless and thanks for being you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maddy you are the most inspiring person I have seen for a very long time. You give so much joy to everyone. If this does not change the attitude of people out there who are unsure, then nothing will. You are amazing, and I love watching you grow with more confidence every day. GO Maddy enjoy you new found love of life. You are an inspiration to all of us. We all love you Maddy xx
    Karen NZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maddy you rock! hope to see lots more of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My cousin has Down syndrome and is the most bubbly girl in the world I bet she would love to meet maddyđź’–Zoe loves to sing and have her photos taken

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful girl, beautiful mind ❤ greetings from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is a pretty girl and I hope she does well with the modeling career. I have an older sister with Down syndrome and it's great for her to have Madeline as a role model. She has beautiful red hair like Madeline's and kind of looks like her (without the makeup). The thing that bothers me about this is I have never seen an interview with Madeline where she actually speaks. I've seen one where her mom did all the talking while she stared at the floor. All her interviews seem to be written and I suspect her mom is answering questions for her. I looked at her facebook page today and saw that other people are starting to think the same thing. This makes me angry if it's true. People with Down's should be accepted exactly as they are. If Madeline can't speak or write very well, there's nothing wrong with that. It's normal for people with Down's to have that problem. Her mom doesn't have to pretend Madeline's writing the answers to make people accept her. I've met a lot of people with Down's through by sister and I never knew anyone who could speak or write at the level that Madeline supposedly does on her blog. If her mom is answering for her she just needs to say so - it doesn't make Madeline less of a person or a role model.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for inspiring so many people and proving to people that you don't have to be airbrushed to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Madi you are courageous and beautiful! But the most beautiful thing about you is your determination. You don't let anything stop you and I admire that! You are adorable and sweet and I wish everyone was just like you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.