Saturday, May 9, 2015

Reviews || Music Recommendations

It's Up To Me - the latest single from Melbournites The Colour Code - makes me seriously happy; I've been dancing away to it all afternoon. The grungey, rock-esque bass line doesn't let you down (I was ready for the repeat button before the song had even finished) and can I just take a moment in appreciation of those vocals? Thanks to these talented guys, I'm already excited for the next track!


I can't really tell you why, but Reuben Koops' Slate EP makes me think of weddings. Maybe it's the slow, folky ballads or the simple guitar playing, I'm not really sure. But I do know that this offering is oozing with talent, class and some seriously breathtaking love songs. Just seriously, listen to it. Koops won't disappoint - and I am not just saying that because he's Tasmanian. Slate might just be the sweetest EP I've heard this year.

Oh my, oh my. Morgan Bain you are insane! (Okay, sorry I just couldn't help myself..) I am so unbelievably lucky to get to talk about people like this guy. I mean seriously, the talent that Bain shows on his What You Believe EP is just stealing all my words - and that's not something I really have to worry about very often. The rocky feel is amazing no matter what, but I could love it purely for the nostalgia it brings me. Growing up a total daddy's girl, I spent a lot of time listening to Aussie rock and this just brings all of that back. Kudos.


Shelley Segal's Strange Feeling EP is like the older sister I've needed my whole life. Tackling everything in an upfront, straight-to-the-point kind of way, I was starting to wonder if Shelley had been perusing my own thoughts. The music itself is so unique and easy to listen to. I don't know exactly how to explain the sound - you should just listen to it maybe?? - but just trust me when I say it's all good!


 
I mean at first I was confused because my iTunes thinks I'm listening to Country & Western, but we all make mistakes. The Hounds EP, whatever it may be mislabeled as, is definitely not a mistake. It's deliberately amazing (I mean who sets out to make bad music..?) and I've been a fan of these guys since I first listened to them. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.